CAUTION! When disassembling this valve, be sure to take it apart in an conscious and organized manner. It is very important to put it back together in the exact, original order. If one part is put back in the wrong way or is missing, the valve will not work properly.
- Be sure the spools are inserted into the valve in the same placement as shown.
- Keep springs positioned as they were prior to disassembly to avoid incorrect placement.
- Valve Body
- End Block
- Compensating Spool
- Metering Spool
- Compensating spring 15GPM Valve (or Compensating spring 25GPM Valve)
- Part # VALFCV98-15GPM
- O-ring 1 1/8 ID by 1 1/4 OD, AS568 size number 024 – BUNA N D70
- Meter Spool Orifice, where XX is the 9 volt flow rate in GPM (such as 15 for a 15 GPM valve)
- (4) 1/4 x 20 x 1.25″ long, hex socket head cap screws
- (4) #10x24x.75″longhex
- Linear Solenoid
Process of Disassembly
- Remove 4 screws (#10) that attach the Linear Solenoid (#11) to the valve (#1).
- Remove the steel end block (#2) holding the spring (#5) opposing the solenoid pressure on the pilot spool. An orifice fits into the open end of this spring.
- Take out the 1-1/2 inch (15 GPM) Spring Valve and replace it with the 1-7/8 inch (25 GPM) Spring Valve. By placing the 1-7/8 inch spring into your valve, it is now 25 GPM.